To see details of all local courses download our 2017 Course Calendar.
This module aims to cover the skills and knowledge necessary to enable adults to manage an incident and provide basic first aid. Basic First Aid training is mandatory for nearly all adults in Scouting.
Topics covered include:
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident);
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position);
- CPR, including technique for children;
- Bleeding (major and minor);
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness;
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia;
- Burns and scalds;
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries;
- Minor injuries (e.g. cuts, grazes and nosebleeds);
BOOKINGS FOR FIRST AID COURSES
All bookings for these course are
online via the links below: